Volunteers & Interns at SAHA
IMPORTANT NOTICE: SAHA DOES NOT OFFER ANY INTERNSHIPS AT PRESENT.
SAHA offers local graduate internships and work placements on both its Freedom of Information (FOIP) and its Struggles for Justice Programme, and starting in June 2015, SAHA started offering internships in its support services unit.
Because SAHA is a small organisation, an intern at SAHA is afforded the opportunity to perform work at various levels, working both collaboratively and independently. SAHA provides all interns with:
- a comprehensive one-week induction programme into the work of the organisation, introducing them to the legal and governance framework relating both the labour law, and NGO governance;
- on the job mentorship with one core staff member being assigned to mentor each intern;
- training in basic transferable work place skills including minute-taking, web and IT skills training, events planning, and communication and time management skills;
- the opportunity to conduct self-directed on the job research;
- access to the wider civil society community (and potential future employers) through representing SAHA at various collaborative meetings and events;
- access to resources and advice to support their search for employment at the end of the internship.
SAHA internships are generally on a full-time basis, between 6 - 12 months in duration, and are based at the SAHA offices at Constitution Hill in Johannesburg. Internship opportunities are usually advertised on the SAHA website, our Facebook page, via SAHA Twitter and we also advertise on NGOpulse.
Read more about what our South African interns say about their time at SAHA
SAHA has, over the years, also been fortunate to partner with formal international volunteer and internship programmes such as:
Read more about what our overseas volunteers and interns say about their time at SAHA
For more information on applying for an internship at SAHA, please contact SAHA.